[themes] Customizing themes for node types, terms, sections, paths, and front page

Erik Mallinson erik at invisiblelantern.com
Thu Apr 6 12:57:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 10:27 +0100, Adrian Simmons wrote:
> Unless there is something about xhtml that I don't know the following is
> nonsense:
>
> "Finally we must be sure to that there shouldn't be a line break before the
> DOCTYPE declaration, so you should immediately follow both examples with the
> doctype line."

>From Community MX forums (first description I could find):

Internet Explorer has an unfortunate bug involving the xml declaration.
If there is anything on the first line before the doctype, IE6 will
switch into "quirks" mode. This means that using an xml declaration
(<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>) will cause the behavior. An
HTML comment, even an empty one, will do the same.

http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?page=2&cid=E2F258C46D285FEE

Erik
--
Erik Mallinson <erik at invisiblelantern.com>