[themes] Temporary Editing Question

Lists listout at accidentaltechie.org
Fri Apr 14 14:23:14 UTC 2006

"Adrian Simmons" wrote:

> Lists wrote:
>> However, I'd like to implement this same feature during the transition
>> phase
> I have no idea about xtemplate...

Okay. 8-|

> and I don't quite see why you have a
> transition. If you're updating a theme why not just go the whole hog and
> switch to phptemplate?

Typically, we like to test things on non-production server, to verify that
all other customisations and changes are functioning properly.

Quite common, I think.

"Adrian Simmons" wrote:
> I have no idea about xtemplate...

They are, in fact, quite very different.

> - in the sense that phptemplate can do
> everything xtemplate does and more.

Moot.  They may have the same result -- display a page -- but they are very
different engines and based on entirely different code and logic.

But thanks...anyway?
--
Gary