[themes] autocomplete problem

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Thu Apr 20 14:57:04 UTC 2006

On Apr 20, 2006, at 2:35 AM, David Carrington wrote:

> On 19/04/06, Laura Scott <laura at pingv.com> wrote:
>> guessed at an autocomplete class, but adding .autocomplete
>> stylings to the
>> style.css file hasn't seemed to provided any solutions.
>
> You can style the autocomplete popup with #autocomplete. Some styles
> are already applied in drupal.css.

[cross-posting from the support list]

FWIW, here's what I did to solve the problem:

As an experiment, I edited the drupal.css file to add a z-index on
#autocomplete, and it fixed the problem. Well, that's not optimal as
then I'd be re-editing that file with every update. Then I realized
what I was doing wrong: I had added a position: relative to style.css
(because afaik position is required for z-index settings), but
drupal.css has position: absolute, and that was good enough for me. I
deleted the override in the theme, and now autocomplete is working.

So it was my own mistake. Thanks for the response!

Laura