[themes] autocomplete problem

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sun Apr 30 22:02:55 UTC 2006

Op donderdag 20 april 2006 16:57, schreef Laura Scott:
> As an experiment, I edited the drupal.css file to add a z-index on
> #autocomplete, and it fixed the problem. Well, that's not optimal as
> then I'd be re-editing that file with every update. Then I realized
> what I was doing wrong: I had added a position: relative to style.css
> (because afaik position is required for z-index settings), but
> drupal.css has position: absolute, and that was good enough for me. I
> deleted the override in the theme, and now autocomplete is working.

In future, however, we really want this to become transparant and Very
Themable.

look at http://rubyonrailsblog.com/ vs. http://www.developonrails.nl/

Both use the *exact* same engines/code/whatever but one has its search-auto
float in from the top (unnesssary blingbling if you ask me) while the other
has it somewhere in his sidebar (far too hidden away to be usavle if you ask
me). Both use the same code (typo: http://www.typosphere.org/) but still both
manage to get a different look+feel for this particular.

Which route Drupal takes is, is not a point here. But the result should be, in
this particular point, that AJAXy stuff is fully configurable and so in the
theme level. That goes far beyond some #ids and CSS lines!

--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]