[themes] A quick question about tableless themes

blogdiva at culturekitchen.com blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
Wed Jul 12 14:48:34 UTC 2006

How different is the configuration of modules in 4.8? I haven't
looked at it but am curious to know if styling has been completely
taken out of the modules. I have to stick to 4.6 due to modules that
have not been ported to 4.7 and one nuisance I have stumbled upon is
all the styling embedded in the modules. I run at least 10 extra
modules per site and have had to go into the modules and change the
width of textareas over and over again.

So I am wondering, how can you have a completely tableless design in
spite of what module makers contribute? Because if the modules makers
will still be embedding styinling in their work, wouldn't this defeat
your purpose? Just curious.

As to a 3 column style, I am using marvin_y2k for PHPTemplate and it
suits me fine. Unfortunately, I see it has not been updated for 4.6
(although I am running it for that version) or 4.7. I suggest people
take a look at it. It's a good variable width 3 column template that
was easy to customize.

Liza Sabater, Publisher
www.culturekitchen.com
www.dailygotham.com