[themes] Re: [development] someone make a theme out of these templates

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Wed Mar 8 21:42:48 UTC 2006

Adrian Rossouw wrote:
> What I would like to see us do, is remove all html from module files and
> move them into tpl.php files.
Fantastic idea. I'm all for it. But on behalf of people using other template
engines, will it work with anything but phptemplate?

> while we are doing this, we completely refactor all the html
Again an excellent idea, and whilst doing it all at once is a big job it
really gives us the opportunity to standardize.

> you can override any theme function by just copying the file
> to your theme directory, no fucking around with template.php.
Which makes it even easier. Nice.

> It becomes a LOT simpler to write a theme editor,
Not so excited about that one. I've got BBEdit, Smultron, Dreamweaver,
Quanta Plus and CSSED. Professional tools win out over in page editors every
time :)

Still, I can see that certain people and companies using Drupal would
welcome that.

> it becomes possible to distribute alternative template files, like
> different node views etc.
That's also excellent!

I don't suppose we could also say that modules don't need to ship with their
own CSS files could we?

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>