[themes] theme function documentation (rephrased froward from dev and doc)

Vladimir Zlatanov vlado at dikini.net
Thu May 11 12:04:33 UTC 2006

I'm giving up. Adrian nagged me (nearly to death) to join the list and
forward this :)

Documentation. Is anyone interested in helping me prepare a theming
reference. The reference from the apis is not good for designers.

Ultimately I would like to be able to automatically produce the html
snippets, for each theme function, regardless of what is the template
engine.

My plan is to:

1. catalogue all available theme_ functions in core (for all practical
purposes this is done, might need tweaking, but the code is there)

2. go through the theme_ functions and construct dummy(lorem ipsum)
style calls to extract a formatted html.

3. look into producing a drupaldocs like description.

This suggestion is closely related to testing as well. How would you
approach it? Any ideas?

There are a few catches. At the moment I will try and target 4.7. If
everything works, we can have a look at setting up a website with this.

Cheers,
Vlado