[themes] Tango iconset: Default for drupal, is NOT GPL.

Farsheed tfarsheed at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 18:27:12 UTC 2006

> It does not matter how you *feel* about images under
> GPL etc, fact is, that we
> are distributing png files under GPL, which are not
> allowed to be there. At

If the GPL license only applies to PHP code in CVS
then other types of files included are not distributed
under a GPL license.

Perhaps it could be clarified somewhere in the CVS
documentation that other file types need some
clarification about usage.  But saying we can't use CC
licensed material or any alternative sharing license
is extremely limiting to development, and it doesn't
make sense.  The spirit of freely shared, freely
distributed software is the same in all of the
different licenses so there is no need to shoot
ourselves in the foot.