[themes] What controls the appearance of taxonomy?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Sep 21 15:24:40 UTC 2006

> On the template I'd like to use (multiflex), I only see this:
> About Us

In a phptemplate theme, the position of the default variable $terms
determines where the terms will actually appear. $terms is shorthand for
"pipe-delimited set of all terms assigned to this node". If you'd like
an entirely different display, you don't HAVE to use $terms. $terms is
just shorthand for:

  theme('links', $taxonomy, array('class' => 'links inline')),

but you have access to the entire raw data of a taxonomy, to display it
however you'd like (presuming you know the PHP to do so). You can see
this raw gobbledygook data by adding the following to your node.tpl.php:

  <?php print_r($taxonomy); ?>

--
Morbus Iff ( if god is my witness, god must be blind )