[themes] Lists look different in IE

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at winnefox.org
Fri Sep 29 20:49:29 UTC 2006

Hello,

> I'm currently at home and have now way to test on IE but I would
> suggest looking into the Double Margin bug in IE. I have had issue
> with it when I set a margin on a float for say 15 px left and on IE
> it would be 30px left. There are workarounds. The first that I came
> up with is http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/doubled-
> margin.html

Thanks! That wasn't it, but it did lead me to the solution. It looks
like that happens when you have a float. In my case, there wasn't a
float. What I do have is a list. For that list, I have the margin set
to: 0px 0px 0px -10px;

Apparently, IE (even version 7) does not like negative margins. But,
what does work, is this: position:relative; left:-10px;

I reset the margin to be 0, added in the above code, and now it looks
the same in all browsers.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with that!

- jody