[themes] How much php knowledge required?

Tomasz Kisielewski tom.kisielewski at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 16 20:37:40 UTC 2010

HI
The best way IMO is to create simple 3 column layout html/css, fill it in
text, by hand not drupal devel module and port it to drupal page.tpl.php and
crate .info file. Try to set it up, learn drupal management ( U have to know
how to use it!) and experiment with very basic like wireframe "design",
learn how to define regions etc. Later nodes, blocks, page-front and other
stuff. Find out how drupal works and try to understand $hooks and variables,
but start from very basic easy things. Everything depends on the level of
your skills. IMO hooks and functions are a bit more advanced fro the
beginners....and start to learn PHP.

-Tom