[themes] Adding custom link tags to page head

Bruce Whealton bruce at futurewavedesigns.com
Sun Apr 24 15:58:45 UTC 2011

Hello all,
          I've been learning how to code themes including using the .info file and the page.tpl.php and node.tpl.php and the variables that can be set.  So, I want to add a link in the head section of the page, above the body tag.  There is the variable $header that seems to handle all of this.  This is set in the template.php file.  So what is the best practice for hardcoding a link.  I want to link to a foaf file.  So, I'm not sure, should I go into the template.php file and edit the $header variable or can I just add the link tag to the page.tpl.php right after the call to display the variable or maybe right after?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Bruce

Sent from my iPad
Future Wave Web Design/Development 919-636-5809
Http://FutureWaveDesigns.com
Web Technology and Computing Blog:
Http://futurewavedesigns.com/wordpress/