[themes] Adding custom link tags to page head

Amit Vyas vyasamit2007 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 16:04:03 UTC 2011

If you are not comfortable editing the tpl files, you can go and crate the
custom block and show it in to the header. With this it will be added in
$header and will be displayed in the area you want.

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Bruce Whealton <bruce at futurewavedesigns.com
> wrote:

> Hello all,
>          I've been learning how to code themes including using the .info
> file and the page.tpl.php and node.tpl.php and the variables that can be
> set.  So, I want to add a link in the head section of the page, above the
> body tag.  There is the variable $header that seems to handle all of this.
>  This is set in the template.php file.  So what is the best practice for
> hardcoding a link.  I want to link to a foaf file.  So, I'm not sure, should
> I go into the template.php file and edit the $header variable or can I just
> add the link tag to the page.tpl.php right after the call to display the
> variable or maybe right after?
> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Bruce
>
> Sent from my iPad
> Future Wave Web Design/Development 919-636-5809
> Http://FutureWaveDesigns.com
> Web Technology and Computing Blog:
> Http://futurewavedesigns.com/wordpress/

Cheers,
Amit Vyas
____
Email  : vyasamit2007 at gmail.com               Skype : vyasamit2004
Mobile : +91 993-040-1490                          Phone : +91-022
428-884-07