[themes] some questions about themes

Gabriele Giorelli gabriele.giorelli at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 08:45:30 UTC 2011

Hello

Is there a theme that is configurable and customizable? Let me tell you the
background of my question: I want to let users customize their view like
gmail does.

My 2nd question is about changing themes. Whenever I change the theme, I
lose all the dimensions of the frames and menus. I don't know how themes
were developed in drupal, but changing from 1 theme to another should not
ideally hurt the look of the site.

And my 3rd question is about sub-theme. I keep seeing this term especially
in Zen theme. Does it mean I can run a Garland theme and inside it I can
define a Zen theme for a view? OR does it mean I can create a new theme out
of the parent theme that is always Zen theme?

thank you for clarifying these 3 points.

best regards,