[translations] other tools - Re: import previous translation with kbabel

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Thu Dec 27 13:17:04 UTC 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 7:37 AM, Augustin <beginner2005 at masquilier.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 December 2007 18:26, Gábor Hojtsy wrote:
> > (I never used Kbabel).
>
> What do you use?
>
> Programs to use for translation: http://drupal.org/node/11131

Well, I use any text editor at hand, as PO files are quite simple text
files, and I only need to keep some rules in my head to keep them well
formatted (ie. close quotes when needed). This is not something I
would suggest though for beginners (no pun intended). In fact I have
never used kbabel or poedit, although I did use kde's file browser to
have an overview of file states for some time (it was a few years ago
:).

I am also developing the l10n_server module to overcome this tool
problem, and have a collaborative tool aimed at translation teams.
That one is still in development though.

Gabor