[translations] romanian translation for Drupal 5

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Tue Jan 23 09:33:07 UTC 2007

Claudiu Cristea wrote:
> I want to contribute to Drupal 5 romanian translation. I have a CVS
> account.
> I got a local copy (with checkout) from repository. There is no Drupal 5
> branch or version defined.
>
> How to start Drupal 5 translation?

1) get the POT files or Drupal 5.
2) Rename the .pot files to .po files
3) Get the .ro translation for Drupal 4.7
4) Merge the translation against the POT files: Many strings haven't
changed between Drupal 4.7 and 5 and a lot of other strings are similar
enough to allow the gettext package to suggest a translation.
5) translate the rest of these files.
6) commit files to CVS HEAD in translations/ro
7) See http://drupal.org/handbook/cvs/quickstart on how to create a release.

Thanks,
  Claudiu