[translations] romanian translation for Drupal 5

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Tue Jan 23 10:50:04 UTC 2007

Claudiu Cristea wrote:

> 3) Get the .ro translation for Drupal 4.7
>

> Don't know where is this translation. In CVS there is a DRUPAL-4-7 branch
> with .po files. Should I expect only one file? Like ro.po?

The files in CVS are always split up into small files. If you want a big
one, download the translation here:

http://drupal.org/node/95102

> 4) Merge the translation against the POT files: Many strings haven't
>> changed between Drupal 4.7 and 5 and a lot of other strings are similar
>> enough to allow the gettext package to suggest a translation.
>

> How can this be done? I'm on Windows... Some docs?

The fabulous translator's guide:
http://drupal.org/node/11130

Especially:
http://drupal.org/node/11311

It offers a command line version of what to do. Not sure how to proceed
on Windows. Does poedit offer merging of files? I guess it does, but I
don't know how. Some googling revealed that there must be a "update from
PO file" option. Find it and use that, I guess.

Cheers,
	Gerhard