[translations] A couple of untranslated strings in 5.x core

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 23:41:09 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, Vasileios Lourdas <lourdas_v at yahoo.gr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Following this thread, although it's a bit different issue this time, there
> are six strings that do not get translated after importing a language gettext
> file (e.g. Greek as in my case). These strings are:
>
> 1) create page content
> 2) create story content
> 3) edit own page content
> 4) edit own story content
> 5) edit page content
> 6) edit story content
>
> which are role permissions and appear in the administration pages. These
> strings *do not* appear in the template files (.pot), however they appear in
> the Manage strings section of the Localization settings page (if you search
> using the right parameters).
>
> Since the Manage strings section provides me the ability to translate them in
> my language, I tried manually to insert those strings to a new .po file and
> translated them using my regular gettext file editor. Then I imported the
> merged file from all translations by all core modules and of course this
> procedure worked.
>
> The above make me wonder if there is a bug in Drupal 5.x core (I haven't
> checked 6-dev, though I will do so) that prevents potx from extracting these
> specific six strings to the template files, or there's something else that
> needs a bit of looking into.

I wanted to add that unlike the general "story" and "page" problem, it
seems that maybe this one can be solved, because they are translated
if a translation exists..

The forum, blog and book modules contain their corresponding strings,
so perhaps these strings could be added in system.install where these
node types are defined, in dummy t() code, so that potx can get them.