[translations] A couple of untranslated strings in 5.x core

Vasileios Lourdas lourdas_v at yahoo.gr
Tue Jul 31 21:18:47 UTC 2007

Hello,

Following this thread, although it's a bit different issue this time, there
are six strings that do not get translated after importing a language gettext
file (e.g. Greek as in my case). These strings are:

1) create page content
2) create story content
3) edit own page content
4) edit own story content
5) edit page content
6) edit story content

which are role permissions and appear in the administration pages. These
strings *do not* appear in the template files (.pot), however they appear in
the Manage strings section of the Localization settings page (if you search
using the right parameters).

Since the Manage strings section provides me the ability to translate them in
my language, I tried manually to insert those strings to a new .po file and
translated them using my regular gettext file editor. Then I imported the
merged file from all translations by all core modules and of course this
procedure worked.

The above make me wonder if there is a bug in Drupal 5.x core (I haven't
checked 6-dev, though I will do so) that prevents potx from extracting these
specific six strings to the template files, or there's something else that
needs a bit of looking into.
--
# Vasileios Lourdas,
# Informatics Engineer, Thessaloniki (Greece)