[translations] Commiting translation

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Tue Sep 25 10:45:35 UTC 2007

On 9/25/07, Bozidar Proevski <bobibobi at freemail.com.mk> wrote:
> Apart from commiting to the right branch (currently DRUPAL-5--2 ?) and opening
> a project, is there any other responsibility for me as a translation
> maintainer?

There is no branching below DRUPAL-5 for translation projects (ie.
when you translate Drupal core). So you should commit to the DRUPAL-5
branch.

> Do I have to create the tarball (probably something like
> mk-5.x-1.x-dev.tar.gz) my self or is there some script to do that?

This is automated, you don't need to do anything apart from adding a
release node on your project page.

> If I work on trunk, will that show automagically in the next version of
> Drupal?

The answer is no if we talk about next major version. Next version
will be DRUPAL-6, so you need to branch HEAD/trunk when this branch
becomes available. If "next version" means next minor version (now
Drupal 5.3), then the answer might be yes, because there is no
branching in DRUPAL-5 possible for translations. If your release node
uses a CVS tag, then obviously it is a snapshot in time. If your
release node is for a "development version", then the time the
snapshot is taken always increments :) To be more clear: a snapshot is
created regularly.

> Is there a template how to create the project page?

No. Write whatever you want in the body, read the descriptions of
fields carefully for individual fields.

Gabor