[translations] Commiting translation

Vasileios Lourdas lourdas_v at yahoo.gr
Tue Sep 25 15:04:46 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 25 September 2007 13:25:46 Renato Pavicic - Translator-shop.org
wrote:
> Hello Vasileios,

Hello Renato,

Allow me to reply and we can continue in private level afterwards.

> This is not a nice thing to say :(
> Macedonian was (one of many) official languages in Yugoslavia. Yugoslavia
> was (by constitution) federation of Republics (ie. States). Therefore you
> are incorrect in 2 out of 2 statements.

Macedonia is and has been the largest northern region of Greece. Greece is
separated (separated in the meaning that there are not borders, but more like
geographical sections) in large regions, which some of them are Thrace,
Macedonia, Cyclades, Peloponnisos, etc. So, I believe I am not really wrong
when I speak of a small nation that CLAIMS MY NAME. Think of someone who
refers to England or English people, when in fact refers only to Great
Britain or British.

> Why are you so intolerable to this people?

The matter between FYROM and Greece is a matter that has been raised by the
former country and, unluckily for us Greeks and because of mishandled
political actions, almost every country in the world knows FYROM as
Macedonia. This fact does not make right the whole situation. So, FYROM
reaches all the way down to Larisa and I am a Skopjen. Right. Keep in mind
here that I don't claim to be somebody else, this somebody else does that.

> Keep this nazi comments within private discussion. I do not believe that a
> project whose intention is internationalization and making people closer
> and respecting each nation and its language is a proper place for this kind
> of attitude.

I myself am a big supporter of FOSS and I have contributed with Greek
translations either for Drupal or for Gentoo Linux. I don't oppose the commit
of this translation, I oppose the commit of this translation under *that
specific name*, because the name Macedonia represents a big part of the
history of Greece and Greeks. That's the deal.

> If he wants to call his language "Lambada" and his country "Dolce Vita" it
> his his right given to him by declaration of human rights.

Ok. So, I also want Greek to be called German, English, Italian, Turkish. No
big deal, right?

Before any other people reply to this thread, please get some information
first before posting. This is a national issue between Greece and the nation
of Skopje (FYROM), which after several years, has not yet reached a solution.

Thank you all for bearing me. For further comments, please keep them in
private level.
--
# Vasileios Lourdas,
# Informatics Engineer, Thessaloniki (Greece)