[translations] Translation templates for modules with sub-modules

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Apr 11 13:59:42 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Vasileios Lourdas <drupal at lourdas.name> wrote:
> On Friday 11 April 2008 12:16:14 Gábor Hojtsy wrote:
>  > There are other modes of potx-cli.php to run, try running it with
>  > --help and choose.
>  >
>  > Gabor
>
>  Thanks Gabor for your reply.
>
>  However, it does not really answer my question. I know all about the different
>  modes of potx-cli, what I'm asking here is the correct "policy" on how to
>  have translation files for different modules under the same directory.

There is no clear policy. In some cases they share lots of strings,
and it does not make much sense to translate them separately. In other
cases, like ubercart, they are a complete subsystem. I think it needs
some thinking in all cases. Once http://drupal.org/project/l10n_server
is going, it would not be a question anymore, as it completely avoids
this question.

Gabor