[translations] From localization server to translation project?

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sat Feb 23 10:39:27 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 1:48 AM, Jose A. Reyero <drupal at reyero.net> wrote:
>  We are using the localization server for the Spanish translation, so I
>  get from there the .tar.gz containing all the translation files for
>  Drupal 6 core.
>
>  My problem is that I need to get from that the modules-module.po,
>  themes-theme.po files etc to commit to the CVS so they get packaged as
>  the big tar.gz file for download...
>
>  This may sound funny as what I need is to move my files to a different
>  format for the packager to produce the same file format at the end, but
>  I cant find an easy way to do it. Is there a script somewhere or am I
>  missing anything?

There is an "Export for CVS commit" export format in l10n_server. If
there is no such option, just update to the latest one, I just
released Alpha 3 which includes other bug fixes as well. That should
generate the exact files as needed for CVS commits.

Hopefully later we would not need CVS at all, but a cronjob will
generate packages out of the drupal.org central l10n_server database.
That's the plan:)

Gabor