[translations] Translation templates for modules with sub-modules

Marco Antonio Villegas Vega marvil07 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 02:31:43 UTC 2008

Hi Gábor,

> There is no clear policy. In some cases they share lots of strings,
> and it does not make much sense to translate them separately. In other
> cases, like ubercart, they are a complete subsystem. I think it needs
> some thinking in all cases. Once http://drupal.org/project/l10n_server
> is going, it would not be a question anymore, as it completely avoids
> this question.
>
> Gabor

I'm exactly in the same problem[1]. I have a translation for OG, but
it's not clear for the mantainers if it would have to be one single PO
file or many.

I've started using one sigle file, but then we started to use
l10n_server, on drupal-contrib[2]. So, now it's easier to have splitted
translation.

Maybe you can help us to make a good choice.

[1] http://drupal.org/node/256261
[2]
http://l10n.drupal-contrib.org/translate/languages/es/view?project=og&release=2&status=0&search=

     Marco Antonio Villegas Vega