Biz dev announcements (was Re: [consulting] Help by filling in Forrester Corp Blogging Wave Evaluation Criteria)

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Mon Apr 3 20:03:43 UTC 2006

On 3-Apr-06, at 4:47 AM, Neil McEvoy wrote:

> - One area that I think will be really important, but we haven't
> quite got
> to it yet and would be great to discuss here, is how to achieve
> "Secure
> RSS". I know there is a probably a combination of modules, like
> webserv
> auth, SSO, SXIP etc. that when plugged together the right way will
> provide
> seamless and secure access to multiple sites and their RSS feeds
> etc., we
> just haven' got around to testing it out yet. Throw in the Civicspace
> Organic Groups/mailing list stuff and there's some 'killer app' stuff
> there to highlight imho.

<snip>

Securesite module can do Basic Auth protected feeds today. It needs
updating to 4.7. i.e. subscribe to your private OG feeds and see them
in your desktop RSS reader.

> Also with this in mind keen to understand if this list is intended for
> business development conversations relevant to this type of activity?

The scope is meant to be non-development, although we do stray into
solutions. An intro to your commercial activity with an invite to
continue the discussion offlist is appropriate. Discussion about,
e.g. single sign on solutions, best practices around running multiple
sites, etc. have already come up on this list, so yes, this is
appropraite.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595