[consulting] OT: Keyboards and RSI

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Aug 17 15:02:37 UTC 2006

Thanks for reporting back.

On 8/17/06, Mark Fredrickson <mark.m.fredrickson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally, I brought an ice pack to work. I think my RSI is a
> combination of typing and a rugby injury. Icing it every few hours
> helps ease the pain a little and I hope keeps any swelling down. I
> want to abandon this technique soon, but until the pain is gone, I'm
> keeping the ice pack.

Most physical therapists will tell you to ice your injuries for 24
hours and then put a heat pack on it (and use the injured part of your
body as little as possible until the pain is gone).  So, unless you
are engaged in a daily relationship with your hooker (rugby joke!) a
warm pad might be better some of the days.

With apologies for dragging this further OT,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com