[consulting] Consulting directory

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Mar 21 15:32:20 UTC 2007

On 3/21/07, KevinImNotSpacey <kevin.amerson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Manual vetting of companies or individuals, that is one of the things I
> would like to see out of membership (to answer your previous post).  That is
> sort of what Yahoo Directory provides with a  $300 listing fee.

Interesting. I think we would need to have some guidelines, but right
now the thinking is that if you pay for an individual or corporate
membership in the Association, then one of the benefits would be
listing in the directory.

Causes for removal would probably be similar to the causes for being
removed from the Association itself.

> A few other companies like linkedin.com and glgroup.com do at least some
> level of manual or automated vetting to improve the quality of professionals
> in the network.

We've also been investigating getting a group in LinkedIn for
Association members, which would show on profiles of all members.

--
Boris Mann
Skype borismann