[consulting] Drupal.org advertising proposals requested

Jenny Hsueh lists at ifossf.org
Sun May 27 19:17:08 UTC 2007

To keep Drupal as a R&D community, I wonder if  Professional Services to
be provided by Drupal Associates can be an option for drupal.org
sustainability development.

Drupal Professional Services can be differ from regular website
development in that the focus is to develop "case studies" you will only
work on projects with high visibility or technically challenged
projects. Drupal Associates consist of highly skilled/experienced
Drupalers, I believe there are many projects out there where the project
owners wished to have an A team consultants but only have the budget for
C team professionals. The aim is to demonstrate what can be done with
Drupal, as well as what needs to be tighten up or developed with real
world examples.  The agreement can be that all code developed/lessons
learned/site recipes should  be contributed back to the community.

Of course drupal.org may not be in the business of providing on going
customer support, hosting etc., this is where other vendors may come
in.  The vendors may have already passed certain qualification to be a
paid Associate, then the project owners can choose from the vendor list
or Drupal Associate can recommend someone base on the project requirements.

I believe the entire drupal community  can learn something from those
highly selective projects, Drupal Associates may only need to work on
3-4 such projects per year to acquire the funding required to keep
drupal.org going smoothly, or whatever the # is required to keep the
objectives but not turning into a development shop.

Jenny