[consulting] Sluggishness Concern

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Mar 5 18:57:36 UTC 2009

Some time ago, we had clients on Dreamhost, some shared, some dedicated.

I think they discontinued the dedicated now, but at that time BOTH the
dedicated
and shared had the database on another machine, which is shared by other
sites,
and this caused a lot of contention. The sign to look for is an excessively
long time
for queries relative to the total page time in devel.

They had Debian, with shell access, but not root.

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
http://2bits.com