[consulting] Sluggishness Concern

Domenic Santangelo domenic at workhabit.com
Thu Mar 5 19:01:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Brian Vuyk <brian at brianvuyk.com> wrote:
> I would say no to Dreamhost's shared hosting.

I can +1 this comment and Brian's following experience with one of my
own. Won't bore you with details, I'll just recommend avoiding
Dreamhost if even as little as two nines is a goal of yours.

Guaranteed uptime does in fact exist for many values of "uptime".
"Guaranteed 50% uptime", for example, is not difficult to attain or
guarantee. The useful metric for you in deciding where to go
(uptime-wise) is just how many nines you need.