[consulting] Drupal Developer Certification

Zohar Stolar zohar at linnovate.net
Tue Mar 24 19:16:04 UTC 2009

Notice that RHCE is not a Linux certification, but a Red Hat certification.

In the same spirit, Acquia is already working on a certification
program, that was mentioned here before: code named yellow Jersey.

So this will be an Acquia certification, not a Drupal certification.

And just as Acquia wishes to certify developers, so can other companies.

So your suggestion to hold a central certification is nice, but it won't
be community controlled.

This said, we tried in the past to collaborate over training programs,
so the different certifications can have some similarity and common
ground. This hasn't evolved too much, but it's "in the air", and I hope
we all get back to it sooner or later (there were training sessions in
both recent DrupalCons).