[consulting] Staying Current

Roshan Shah roshan.shah at bpocanada.com
Sun Mar 29 13:48:19 UTC 2009

Sam,

Its hard to give an estimate on Upgrade effort for a Drupal site. It
entirely depends on which modules are used and whether they have their
versions available in higher version. If not, what are the equivalent
modules that offer same/similar functionality and what impact will it have
when you complete the upgrade process.

This usually takes few passes on the staging environment and then 1 or 2 dry
runs before a site goes live.

And you also have to have a bucket of hours allocated for post Upgrade
support if something is noticed and needs emergency fix.

Roshan
http://www.gloscon.com