[consulting] Restrict Group Access to one User Login Account

Holly Ferree hferree at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 15:11:52 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I work for a college (drupal 6). They want all of the nursing students to be
able to login using the same username and password that will allow them to
access only nursing tagged content (video pages). I got the access issue to
work with tac-lite. But have had no luck in researching my problem.

My problem is:

How do I restrict a username (ex. Nursing) from accessing the
user/(number)/edit and going to the Account Information section where they
can change the email and reset the password? I don't want one student to be
able to block out 100+ fellow students. That just seems like asking for
trouble.

Thanks,
Holly Ferree

PS On a related note...Is there a good module to play movie files or do I
even need one with Drupal 6?