[consulting] Restrict Group Access to one User Login Account

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Thu Oct 8 15:45:33 UTC 2009

I actually had a client with the very same issue.  They needed to have
multiple people use the same login and didn't want any of them changing
their password .

This module may do the job http://drupal.org/project/noreqnewpass

It didn't for me -- I can't exactly recall why, but I think it was because I
only needed it for one account -- but it was very easy to do this using the
hook form alter in a custom module, where you first check for that form, and
then for the user uid.  If it's the account in question you just use the
form api to lock the password field and through up a message explaining why
-- or alternatively you could just redirect the user.

Sam