[consulting] Absolute Paths in Content for Better Rss Compatibiliy

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Wed Sep 23 04:39:16 UTC 2009

I've been using RSS a lot more lately, encouraging my clients to, and
making my sites more RSS friendly.

I've only recently realized that inline relative URLs break in a lot,
if not most, feed readers. Do you encourage content editors to use
absolute urls because of this? Do you use absolute urls in your own
blogs?

Shai
p.s. I've been using magecache combined with CCK's functionallity for
setting a separate display choice for RSS to size images smaller for
RSS feeds, presuming a lot of the RSS audience is on a mobile device.
Way awesome.