[consulting] "Political" question about single login

matt j. sorenson matt at sorensonbros.net
Fri Apr 2 11:41:27 UTC 2010

On 3/31/10 3:40 PM, Audrius Naslenas wrote:
> The idea is to give an option for extra privacy - if on one site user
> is named "johnsmith" so he could name himself "magician33" on the
> other, as some of the sites on the network will be with real names
> revealed on their posts, other - with some privacy, third - only
> usernames.
maybe this could be accomplished with:

a) custom user profiles - and create all the custom fields needed to
hold these aliased usernames, etc like:subsite-x_username,
subsite-y_username

then

b) give each site it's own user profile template in the theme layer,
showing only the fields you want shown on each respective subsite... or
possibly alternatively use contemplate to achieve the same (if user
profiles can be contemplated... I don't know, can they?)

I don't have time to try it, but that might be 1 route to achieving your
#2 req.

--
matt j. sorenson