[consulting] Online Donation Service Recommendation

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Nov 24 23:52:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Christian Pearce <pearcec at xforty.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am looking for a service that provides online donations for a political
> campaign.  It is a person running for Mayor of a medium size town.  So this
> is on the cheap.  And please don't suggest civicrm.  I use it, I know what
> is involved.  We are looking for the best service that provides the
> following (or better):
>
> * No merchant account required (or if we do need one, no PCI scanning
> requirements)
> * Customized Template -- Something along the lines of Salsa or Shopify.  We
> want to be able to through a quick header and footer to make the form look
> something like theme we are using.
> * Any feature that you think might be important that I don't know about.
>
> Or if there is a page that lists a few of the top players in this space
> that would be cool too.
>
> Thanks,
> Christian
>
> --
> xforty technologies
> Christian Pearce
> 888-231-9331 x1119
> http://xforty.com

There is the donation module that interfaces to Paypal.

http://drupal.org/project/donation

Requires the simple_paypal module, which is really simple.

It stores the donations in a database table, and you can query that
table for reporting. It keeps columns for the amount that Paypal
deducts for the service too, if you want to account for that in your
reports. SQL is your friend.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.