[drupal-support] Workflow in 4.6.x?

Nicolas Tostin nicolast at logis.com.mx
Tue Aug 16 21:14:25 UTC 2005

> Right, but in my case I have authors who need to be able to publish
> their own work - which as far as I can tell, only happens when I set the
> default to "Published" for the appropriate content types, since authors
> don't see the "Admin Options" that include "Publish" unless I give them
> free reign over the site ("administer nodes").

Yes currently this is not possible and I fear that the workflow module can't
allow it to you.
I don't know why this hasn't been made up to now, but I'm sure there's a lot
of demand, so maybe you can investigate a little node module and if you feel
confortable, submit patches to allow this kind of permissions.

That's something I wanted for a long time (http://drupal.org/node/13129),
but I never took the time to investigate it.
My idea was to add some permissions as do flexinode :
- per role
- per node type
- per vocabulary
- per status (only authorized a role to pass a node from unpublished to
published, then other get the right to promote to fron page...)
- create others kind of status node (first draft, work copy... whatever ;) )

Well, now that I know better the Drupal internals, that seems not so
difficult, but I didn't take the time to investigate the UI, and with so
much permission, it can be pretty tricky.

Good luck for your investigation, feel free to contact me, and I hope you
can get it.

Regards

Nicolas