[support] Expert Drupal Developer Needed - starting Jan 2006 - long term contract

Jason Diceman jd-onlist at cooptools.ca
Fri Dec 23 15:16:27 UTC 2005

[Apologies for any duplication of this message in your Inbox]

Co-op Tools (www.cooptools.ca) is hiring a PHP/MySQL programmer to do
extensive support and upgrades to a Drupal (www.drupal.org) code base to be
shared across multiple large scale web sites.

Approximately 15 hours a week.
10 week contract with potential to continue long-term.
Wage: $40-60/hr USD
Starting January 2006

Please submit your C.V. and list of recent Drupal projects to:

jd(at)cooptools.ca

Deadline is December 29th. International applications are welcome.

== Skills Required ==

* Linux Apache system administration.
* PHP, MySQL, XML and JavaScript programming.
* Expert knowledge of evolving Drupal APIs.
* Awareness of accessibility standards.
* Subversion code management.
* Collaboration within the Drupal community.
* Reasonable (technical) English

== Expectations ==

* Extremely dependable.
* Quick and friendly communication on a daily basis.
* Addressing bugs right away.
* Reusing other peoples good code when ever appropriate.
* Contributing code back to Drupal community.
* Proactive in improving functionality.
* Co-operate well with project manager to refine specifications, set
reasonable milestones and to follow through with professionalism.
* Co-operate well with other developers.

== Responsibilities ==

* Development, testing, release and maintenance of secure, efficient and
stable Drupal code.
* Managing contributions of code by other developers.
* Maintaining TRAC system (www.edgewall.com/trac/)
* Research into development options and recommending approaches.
* Maintaining functionality of multiple Drupal sites.
* Working with web hosts to help with server administration.

== Context ==

Interface Design and functional requirements will be provided by Co-op Tools
in the form of documentation and mock-ups clarified through frequent
discussion via e-mail and/or chat.

You will not be expected to do direct support or training for clients. You
can work from home.

Project management style will be tailored to your preferences.

We use a TRAC wiki to document development plans and tickets to track issues
and minor upgrades.

Average three hours a day, five days a week.

== About Co-op Tools ==

Jason Diceman started Co-op Tools in January 2004 as a small business to
provide easy to use collaboration tools to progressive organizations. Our
clients have included:
* Ashoka www.ashoka.org (key Drupal client)
* Centre for Global eHealth Innovation
* Green Peace Canada
* Sierra Club of Canada
* The City of Toronto
* Green Party of Canada
* Canadian co-operative associations
* Centre for Social Innovation
* The Canadian Partnership for Children's Health and Environment

The Drupal projects we are doing this year will be global in scope with a
focus on mass participatory decision-making and collaboration between social
entrepreneurs (aka change makers). We are fun and professional folks who aim
to make a lasting positive impact on our society.

--

Please submit your C.V. and list of recent Drupal projects to:

jd(at)cooptools.ca

Deadline is December 29th. International applications are welcome.

--

I sincerely hope you will apply for this job.

 - jd -

Jason Diceman    Co-op Tools
www.CoopTools.ca
Phone: 416-538-co-op (2667)