[drupal-support] Changing the default English Translation (locale)

Pontus Ullgren ullgren at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 28 22:47:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 20:48 +0000, Ross Kendall wrote:
> Not actually working on multi-lingual sites (at this point), however...
>
> What I want is my 'en' 'translation' to be different from the default.
>
> I have on one site used the localization settings to add a new
> 'language' (which I called en-GB), however the sole purpose was to just
> change the default behavior.  I didn't want to provide multiple
> 'translations'.  It does work of course, just me being a fussy
> perfectionist.
>
> How are other people achieving the same thing?

A) Add the new language (en-GB).
B) Check the enable box for the new language and set it as default.
C) _Uncheck_ the enable box for the "provided by Drupal" translation
(this makes it stop showing up on the user account edit screen).
D) Translate the strings that you want to be different than the default.

--
// Pontus
  "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?"