[support] themes problem

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Thu Aug 24 03:11:52 UTC 2006

Well, I don't know what Drupal itself can do to address the "problem".  The
issue is that theming is hard, and theming a plethora of different possible
combinations of functionality is exponentially harder.  That's more innate in
web design than in Drupal itself.

While steps have been taken in each new version to make theming easier (in the
next version, for instance, the core CSS file has been broken up by module to
make it easier to override), I don't think easy, universal themes are an
achieveable goal.

If you find problems with themes on drupal.org, please file bug reports
against them (assuming they haven't already been filed).  That's the only way
authors know what's broken so they know how to fix them.