[support] themes problem

Mr Gibson... (Earnest Hern) hernagram at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 25 23:09:01 UTC 2006

I have an idea but I dont think it will be considered. Drupal can be thought
of as an cms construction set. However, the themes are lacking that ability.
My idea, is one theme, with options.
At the theme options menu are login border on/off, forum no border, login
border size, background theme color, header selector ect. However, drupal in
my believe is moving in a wrong direction, or a direction of a more harder
learning system. As the result, in incompatibility issues between drupal
versions.  the blocks, modules, nodes are all like a building blocks for
drupal. The theme should be treated the same. The options are the building
blocks for the theme. In other words, there does not need to be many themes.
One theme with many option instead.  Then the save options can be a version
of a theme.