[support] Re: CVS account and need for a drupal desigchampion....

Steven Peck speck at blkmtn.org
Sun Jan 15 23:47:45 UTC 2006

You included in your email message hyperbole.  You made characterizations with leading questions that merely serve to inflame and exacerbate the situation then contribute towards a solution.  I, as part of the community working towards improving it, felt attacked by your forwarded message.

I don't understand why you make ME feel bad with the leading phrases in your complaints.  You started the conversation with the phrasing that you were being insulted.  You are not being insulted.  You never were.  You still aren't.

Again, you are reading into the message that which is not there.  I took the time to answer and explain that no one is getting in your way.  That people are working towards better solutions and that at least one of those answers was in the email you forwarded.  I explained part of how the current system works.

You characterize the 'system' as insulting or rude.  A large part of the 'system' as you put it is people.  A large part of the 'process' is manual.  There is no autonomous 'system' that sits in a vacuum and does 'things'.  People are working to make it better.  Perhaps you could have replied back to Gerhard and asked what you could do to help.

As to what to do in your situation?  I would have replied back and asked what was the next step.  Your original question appeared to have been answered.  Again, as indicated in the original message, Gerhard is working on a solution to automate this.  Until recently, it wasn't possible.

And finally once again, no one is insulting you.  No one is ridiculing you.  Gerhard did not.  I did not.  Again, you are portraying yourself as the victim when you are not.

I understand where you are coming from.  Perhaps (other than automating the process which you have already been informed is being worked on) you could suggest specific improvements and wording to the documentation to help others avoid the experiance.

Your phrasing was perhaps not the best way to introduce discussion about the issue you have experienced and how to work towards a process that helps improve that experiance for others.  I would suggest you start with Gerhard as he is one of those working on improving the process.

-sp