[support] Re: [CS community] I need help with upgrading The Daily Gotham

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Sun Jul 2 16:21:23 UTC 2006

At a glance, it looks like the upgrade script ran into an error where
it did not find what it expected to find. Maybe I'm misreading this
error message, but it seems to relate to a missing column in the
watchdog table (and/or something about the privatemsg table), and not
civicrm.

Does CS allow you to choose which update  to run? (It's been a while
for me.) If it's like Drupal, and you can choose which database
update to run, you might revert to your original database, then try
an earlier database update number.

If you were to just update Drupal, you would have to manually update
each of the other CS modules you wanted to use -- and how smoothly
that goes depends upon the module. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes
not. And going from 4.5 to 4.6 might tend to be a bit tougher than
from 4.6 to 4.7, where the update and install process has been vastly
improved.

Hope this helps.

Laura