[support] create company website using drupal

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Mon Jul 3 08:37:29 UTC 2006

Drupal is not very "brochure site friendly". I am not saying it is not
posible, because it certainly is. It just requires quite intimate knowledge
of Drupal and Drupal theming to get such a *simple* site going. You will find
that 80% of the time, used for building such a site, goes into disabling and
hiding features Drupal core provides.

Dries has asked us numerous times to come up with solutions and patches that
allow such simple sites to be build easier, but so far it seems the
developers have little interest in that, since I have n't seen a lot of
patches. (Nor did I present a lot of pathces)

However, I _might_ have good news :)

Op donderdag 29 juni 2006 13:36, schreef Adrian Mak:
> I'm new on drupal. I want to use it to create a normal company website
> which with a navigation bar including links like for example
>
> about us
> services
> products
> solutions
> contact us
>
> All contents of the about is only administrate and create by company's web
> adminisatrator therefore it's not necessary to show a "user login" for
> people to registeration.
>
> Then I first create a "About us" but every time I access the site e.g.
> http://www.mycompany.com
> It will display a "user login" block if browser session is not logged in.

This is **exactly** the installation profile (as in: when you get the site, it
has all this by default) what we are working on for sympal.

Right now there is nothing released, becuase it is a) not release-worthy and
b) we want to work out some missing functionality first. And even if we
release something, it will be aimed at developers and consultants who want to
build such sites for clients (ie Drupal Savvy people).

Sympal.nl might be worth looking at, for these brochure sites exactly is what
we deliver for our clients. I know that Bryght(.com) has similar services
(aimed at brochure sites) and I am sure other consultants will help you get
up to speed too with such a site.

 Bèr