[support] Dynamic Menus That Work OK Without Javascript

Randal digitas at panix.com
Sat Jul 22 00:06:50 UTC 2006

Thanks for this. I had not yet figured out how to achieve what I wanted. I was assuming that I would have to write the entire module myself and was putting it off.

On the face of it, this does seem to do what I need, but I will have to look at it. It seems to me that my desired menu wouldn't even require AJAX, but just having the module write a CSS to make a navigation section visible rather than invisible when you are in that section. This would make the navigation usable without any sort of scripting, and javascript viewers would be able to directly access any section, subsection or subsubsection of the menu through dhtml.

It does look interesting and I will give it a try.

-- Randal