[support] free tagging limited number of terms?

Anisa mystavash at animecards.org
Wed Jun 7 22:55:50 UTC 2006

A couple of users have asked about this in the forums, but I'm not seeing
any answers.

I have potentially big category called Anime Series, it is not possible for
me to put in every one, new ones come out all the time, etc, etc, so free
tagging is a great idea.

I was cheating and using test posts to generate large numbers of taxonomy
terms through free tagging when I found I couldn't enter in more terms than
the actual length of the field.  So, for example, I can't enter in 20
terms.  Admittedly, at the time I was cheating, but in one of the planned
features of the site, 20 Anime Series tagged for a node is entirely
possible.  I looked around the taxonomy module, and there appears to be a
maxlength of 100 defined for a free tagging text field, but changing that
just made the little circle thing go round and round when I went over the
line.  Beyond that, I don't know what to do and I don't want to mess with
the taxonomy module code.

Suggestions, ideas, thoughts?  I think it's a bug, but...

Anisa.

--
www.AnimeCards.Org

16,000 scans and counting!