[support] Editting themes? Documentation

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 15:46:29 UTC 2006

On 3/3/06, Bruce Whealton <brucewhealton at yahoo.com> wrote:
>       What are "theme snippets" and "php snippets?"  And here is a page
> describing how to edit the user profile layout and display.

Bruce, a quick search for {theme snippets drupal} gave me this page
which has the theme snippets and php snippets (both for pages and
blocks).

http://drupal.org/node/257

> ignorant, but I do know how to work with php somewhat.  Here's one thing
> that stands out, the fact that the profile_profile.tpl.php file doesn't
> already exist.  So what is controlling the display of profiles now before
> one were to follow these directions to customize the user profile layout?

I'm not really familiar with those instructions - maybe someone else can assist.

> Then there is a theme that displays the drupal image in the background of
> the wallpaper.  Is the best way to change that going to be creating another
> image with the same name and extension but with a different image/picture,
> something more fitting my site?  Or is it better practice to edit the code?

I think it depends on what suits you.  I have previous removed that
image from the "code" (I think it's in the css file, actually) because
I didn't want any image on my site.  If you want a background image,
but not the default one, you could just replace the current image with
your custom image.

Regards,
Greg