[support] Symlink and installing Gallery in Drupal

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 17:51:25 UTC 2006

Hi all,
     It was my intention to install the Gallery module into a drupal site of mine.  To do this, the application Gallery must be installed on my server.  Ideally Drupal wants Gallery installed into the same directory as Drupal.  I would be installing both using cPanel and Fantastico which won't let a new application be installed in a used directory for another application.
     I'm hoping someone has used this application in Drupal and may know a not so difficult way to get this installed.  Let me past #1 in the installation instructions.  I am hoping that this can be done somehow from ftp???  maybe?  Actually the reference a symlink is something I don't get.  Here's what it says, ->"1. Install Gallery 2 and Drupal (see their respective installation
   documents).  Gallery2 should be *inside* your Drupal installation
   so that it's accessible by the same website.  If you accidentally
   install Gallery somewhere else, you can create a symlink to it
   from inside your drupal site, eg:
     cd /var/www/drupal.site
     ln -s /path/to/gallery2
  <<<
  I didn't accidentally install it outside Drupal, I will deliberately try to make it work (hopefully without too much confusion and too much effort) using the method described above.  So, I'm not sure what I need to do and how I might accomplish these tasks.
      Anyone able to help?
  If I had a Gallery install could I still link that with Drupal or must it start off fresh when installing it for use with Drupal.
  Thanks,
  Bruce

Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
http://trianglewebservices.com/
Word Salad Poetry Magazine - join us online at:
http://wordsalad.net/
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/