[support] Using Gallery with Drupal

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 15:18:22 UTC 2006

Hi all,
       I'm wondering if this can be done... or if there is another module I might want to try.  I want to have a nice way to display photographs by groupings for a specific customer of mine.  The image module (specifically the module named image) is not the most elegant (is that the word?) way to display photographs.  Maybe I could use some more ideas on how others have used this module?  Or other modules that might work for this project.  Basically I have an architectural firm that wants to display images/photographs of their different 'Projects.'  So, I thought, one image gallery (either in Gallery or in the Image module) for each project, where the project names match the image galleries.
      I could instal Gallery elsewhere on my server and just not include it within Drupal.  Linking outside Drupal from within Drupal may not be elegant either.
     I don't have shell access on the server so I don't think I can do what the instructions say for installing the Gallery module.  That issue may be due to the fact that I'm trying to install Gallery using cPanel from my server.
      When it says install Gallery in the same directory as Drupal does that mean it should be like this:
  mydomain.com/drupal_install/Gallery
  or should Gallery and Drupal_install use the same exact directory?  If so, won't they have the same file names, e.g. index.php
      For specifics about what I am describing go to http://ghwilliamscollaborative.com
      This below is what my web hosting provider said.

  Hello,

  As to your question, the technical team said that there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to do this.  The problem is probably that you are not installing it in a subfolder.  For example, you should install it in the folder Drupal/gallery.  This way they are both in the same folder, but one is in a subfolder.

    The documentation I was referred to on this list referenced a procedure using a simlink to link things if the Gallery application was not installed in the same directory as Drupal.  Again does this mean I can install Gallery here:
  Drupal/gallery or must they share the same directory?

  Are there other recommendations, other modules to accomplish this that someone can recommend?
  Thanks so much,
  Bruce

Word Salad Poetry Magazine - join us online at:
http://wordsalad.net/   and also ->
Check out the Buffy the Vampire Slayer writing
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/
Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
http://trianglewebservices.com/